Subject: Re: pgsql www arch

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:46:33 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: "Guido Barosio"<[email-masked]>
Sent: 18/04/06 17:25:45
To: "[email-masked]"<[email-masked]>
Subject: [pgsql-www] pgsql www arch

> Is there, somewhere, a diagram of the pgsql www project?
>
> Meaning the arch, network, hardware,etc.

There is documentation (not a diagram though), but it is not publically available I'm afraid.

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
All,

Is there, somewhere, a diagram of the pgsql www project?

Meaning the arch, network, hardware,etc.

Cheers,
g.-

--
Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
[email-masked]

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

---

From: "Guido Barosio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:02:42 +0100

I understand that some concerns about security, but what if someone
considers the chance to provide a few hours per week to the project?
How should  I start?

I am affraid I am not a C guru, therefore, helping with the code is
not a chance at this moment. I'd already sent a few bucks as a
donation, but I would like to do more.

Any direction on this would be apreciated.

g.-

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:43:31 -0400

> Any direction on this would be apreciated.

Do you want to do web coding? If it is the latter, check out the portal module 
at http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/projdisplay.php and the todo 
list inside that module (it might be a little outdated, i'll commit any 
updates i have soon as i get a few moments). If you see something you like 
let us know. If you dont, propose something.  If you were thinking of 
something completly different, give us an idea. (if nothing else, we could 
use someone to hammer on the new techdocs code - 
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs) 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Guido Barosio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:14:36 +0100

define: "if nothing else, we could use someone to hammer on the new
techdocs code"

Or request me something, my skills go through 3 years of perl, some
php experience, plenty of html knoweledge.  I can give 1 hour per day,
for a start, but I would apreciate some following of my tasks. I don't
know how / who keeps the eye on the new-starters.

A heavy linux user, almost 8 years of lazy gentoo usage. Solaris and
RH server maintenance.

Indeed, the  task list in the site seems out of date. (2004 tasks)

Rgds.
G.-

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:58:46 -0400

> define: "if nothing else, we could use someone to hammer on the new

:-)  Creating a community account and loging in to the site. Going through the 
links that have been generated and see if the work. If you spot errors then 
modifying a page and see if that all works.  

> know how / who keeps the eye on the new-starters.

Some ideas off the top of my head: 
* Add an option to buildsite script in the tools directory to regenerate a 
specific page and/or pages not linked to anything 
* Add some form of geolocation to users profiles that we can use later. 
* Save the information currently sent to the bugs mailing list into a table in 
the database. 

I also need to go through the techdocs website and begin sifting through the 
content that has been added, this might drum up a few more things. 

> A heavy linux user, almost 8 years of lazy gentoo usage. Solaris and

wow, i dont think we use any of those. :-)  

> Indeed, the  task list in the site seems out of date. (2004 tasks)

the one at http://xzilla.postgresql.org/todo ?  it was actually pretty 
accurate, though could probably use some new tasks.   Currently on my plate 
also is testing the s9y blog 1.0-beta software. While thats not directly 
working on the pg project, we use it for planetpostgresql and will be 
updating to it eventually.  If you wanted to help with that no one would 
complain. 

> > Do you want to do web coding? If it is the latter, check out the portal
> > module at http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/projdisplay.php and
> > the todo list inside that module (it might be a little outdated, i'll
> > commit any updates i have soon as i get a few moments). If you see
> > something you like let us know. If you dont, propose something.  If you
> > were thinking of something completly different, give us an idea. (if
> > nothing else, we could use someone to hammer on the new techdocs code -

---

From: "Guido Barosio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:15:30 +0100

Robert,

> the one at http://xzilla.postgresql.org/todo ?

no, talking about:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/task/tasklist.php

Gonna get my account and start lurking in detail at your mail, I can
face some of your comments without major problems.

Guido.

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:50:09 -0400

> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/task/tasklist.php

Ugh, yeah. I cleaned up a bunch of those. 

> face some of your comments without major problems.

ok. a little effort goes a long way, we already hit a problem cause of your 
community doc mod, so we're already making progress. :-)

---

From: "Jim C. Nasby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:47:52 -0500

> * Save the information currently sent to the bugs mailing list into a table in 

Didn't someone find a bug tracking system that had excellent email
integration?
-- 
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [email-masked]
Pervasive Software      http://pervasive.com    work: 512-231-6117
vcard: http://jim.nasby.net/pervasive.vcf       cell: 512-569-9461