Subject: Help support the PostgreSQL project

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:53:41 -0700

Hello,

I was browsing the archives and found this banner on the left hand side 
of the page. When you click on it, you get a page that explains why they 
should donate, who has donated and claims to be updated monthly.

Unfortunately that page shows that we haven't received a donation since 
2004, does not adhere to the PostgreSQL.org design and uses paypal as 
the donation service.

The SPI account is setup... perhaps wee should point directly to the 
donation page for us?

Joshua D. Drake

-- 

            === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
      Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
      Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 17:19:33 -0700

Josh,

> The SPI account is setup... perhaps wee should point directly to the 

That would be a good idea.   The URL is:

Note that this is a TEMPORARY MEASURE. Ultimately, we need a page that 
explains our donation policy and referrs people out to SPI, FFIV, JPUG 
and PostgreSQL-Fr.   That means we need to have a donor policy, first.

But SPI is definitely better than using Marc's Paypal account.

--Josh

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 22:30:51 -0300 (ADT)

> That would be a good idea.   The URL is:

The uRL is ... what? :)

> explains our donation policy and referrs people out to SPI, FFIV, JPUG and 
> PostgreSQL-Fr.   That means we need to have a donor policy, first.
>
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664