Subject: Why is April 21 listed twice in the pgsql-general web archive?

From: Jeff Amiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:00:33 -0500

Why is April 21 listed twice in the pgsql-general web archive?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-04/index.php

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 09:45:41 -0400

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-04/index.php

looks like there is a glitch with whichever date shows up at the top of a 
given page. If you browse through the month of april, you'll see this happens 
on a number of different days always appearing at the top of each page. 

Dave/Marc... any thoughts?

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 12:12:10 -0400

> on a number of different days always appearing at the top of each page. 

The other problem that the archive pages have had since forever is the
tendency to show a few garbage "[no subject]" entries near the top of
the newest page for a list.  These always point to what seem to be
partial messages.  I do not know if this represents the archiving
process storing bad data, or the web page generator misinterpreting
what's stored.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Michael Fuhr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 10:20:08 -0600

> process storing bad data, or the web page generator misinterpreting

I investigated this several months ago and suggested a possible
cause: that a paragraph beginning with "From " is being parsed as
the beginning of a new message.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-02/msg00083.php

-- 
Michael Fuhr