Subject: [PostOffice: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for vacuum?]

From: "Jim C. Nasby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:02:13 -0600

Isn't there a way to get majordomo to automatically kill these
subscriptions? I know mailman can do it...

----- Forwarded message from PostOffice -----

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:54:58 -0500
Subject: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for vacuum?
To: "Jim C. Nasby" <[email-masked]>
From: PostOffice

Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:

Martin Chayer (Mailbox or Conference is full.)

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   [email-masked]
512.569.9461 (cell)                         http://jim.nasby.net

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:08:24 -0800

> subscriptions? I know mailman can do it...

Can somebody put the nomail bit on this guy. I am constantly getting
errors from him and I am tired of it.

Joshua D. Drake

> X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.6 (2006-10-03) on noel.decibel.org
> X-Spam-Level: *
> X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.1 required=5.0 tests=AWL,BAYES_60,HTML_MESSAGE,
> 	HTML_TITLE_EMPTY autolearn=no version=3.1.6
> X-Mailer: FirstClass 8.3 (build 8.278)
> X-FC-Icon-ID: 2031
> X-FC-SERVER-TZ: 15729388
> X-FC-MachineGenerated: true

-- 

      === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:05:33 -0500

> errors from him and I am tired of it.

You want the nomail bit added on Jim? 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter LAMP :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:58:35 -0800

> You want the nomail bit added on Jim? 

Hah! Of course not...

--

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:10:43 -0500

> Martin Chayer (Mailbox or Conference is full.)

Chayer's addy has been bouncing mail since mid-November; here's
the headers from the first instance in my logs:

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:32:16 -0500

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 02:10:43AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> day or two, because bouncing to the From: author instead of the
> envelope sender is Absolutely Not Acceptable.  I forebore from

Well, not Absolutely Not.  RFC2822 saith

   The translation algorithm used to convert mail from the Internet
   protocols to another environment's protocol SHOULD ensure that
   error messages from the foreign mail environment are delivered to
   the return path from the SMTP envelope, not to the sender listed
   in the "From:" field (or other fields) of the RFC 822 message.

But of course, that SHOULD surely permits receiving servers to decide
to reject future mail from a system that uses the From: instead of
the return path from the envelope.

Andrew "RFC Weenie" Sullivan

-- 
Andrew Sullivan  | [email-masked]
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
		--George Orwell