Subject: Very slow rsync of ftp site

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:36:03 +0200

When setting up the new wwwmaster, I've noticed extremely slow rsync speeds
to svr1 to get the ftp site.
Doing the full sync took about 48 *hours*. Running an incremental sync is
faster, but it's still a *lot* slower than it should be. Rsync summary line
is:
sent 64320 bytes  received 29104322 bytes  115519.37 bytes/sec

So we're only getting a single megabit, which is certainly a lot less than
I'd expect.

Can someone look into this? ;-) I've spoken with Stefan, and there
certainly is no bandwidth issue on that end. I'm unsure if it's a host
problem with svr1 or a network problem at that end.

//Magnus

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:28:40 -0400

> problem with svr1 or a network problem at that end.

Autonegotiate mismatch?  In my experience, it's the number 1 cause of
a lot of retransmits, which eats into bandwidth something fierce.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan  | [email-masked]
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.
		--H.W. Fowler