Subject: Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:04:15 +0200

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 05:59:31AM +0000, World Wide Web Owner wrote:
> A new entry has been added to the news database.
> 
> ----
> Submitted by: [email-masked]
> Headline: Security Update Releases
> Summary:
> 
> The PGDG has released a new minor version which fixes a privilege escalation exploit, as well as assorted minor issues.

<snip>

How come we're not even listing the version numbers of our upgrades in the
news item?! A reason for it, or overlook?

//Magnus

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:37:24 -0400 (EDT)

> news item?! A reason for it, or overlook?

Josh didn't have all releases mentioned in the original, so I didn't
add it.  What I did do, though, was to add the release numbers to the
email subject line.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>          http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                               http://www.enterprisedb.com

  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:42:33 +0200

> add it.  What I did do, though, was to add the release numbers to the

I think it's important to include it, because a lot of people have no
idea what we're talking about if we just say "back branches" or
something like that. And I do believe it should go in the contents to be
completely clear.

//Magnus

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:44:07 -0400

> something like that. And I do believe it should go in the contents to be

FWIW I tried to add the version numbers to the techdocs page but it said
it was being edited for so long that I gave up.

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:01:33 -0400 (EDT)

> something like that. And I do believe it should go in the contents to be

Sorry, seems the announce was approved before I could modify it.

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:08:10 -0700

Bruce,

> Sorry, seems the announce was approved before I could modify it.

Hmmm, I sent you two versions, the later one had the release numbers.  
Apparently you missed that e-mail, and I was stuck on an airplane.

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project
Core Team Member
(any opinions expressed are my own)

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:28:54 -0700

Folks,

Ooops, sorry.  I was trying to post this while stranded in Dulles 
airport (it took me 32 hours to get home from Sao Paulo) and apparently 
screwed it up.  Looks like the last version I tried to post didn't 
actually get saved.

--Josh