Subject: moderation ok?

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:16:12 -0400

Hi,

I wanted to check back to see if my contribution to moderation is
having the effect people were hoping for.  

You'll recall that the complaint was that things were not getting
moderated as quickly as they should.  In response, Marc added me as a
moderator to -admin, -advocacy, -jobs, -hackers, and -bugs.  Has this
helped?

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan  | [email-masked]
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.
		--Jane Jacobs

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:33:23 +0200

> moderator to -admin, -advocacy, -jobs, -hackers, and -bugs.  Has this

Well, it's kinda hard to say, since it's been very much going up and
down before. But I can say that I haven't noticed it being down since.
So either you or someone else (or most likely both) are doing a good
job. Keep it up :-)

//Magnus

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:22:31 -0400

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 03:33:23PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> job. 

Great!  Thanks.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan  | [email-masked]
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
		--attr. John Maynard Keynes

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 17:18:54 -0400

> moderator to -admin, -advocacy, -jobs, -hackers, and -bugs.  Has this

Having just received a batch of messages on -general from 5 days ago, I 
say your effort to keep the other lists clean has helped a great deal to
prevent this from happening.  Keep it up!

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

---

From: Jim Nasby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:55:20 -0500

> prevent this from happening.  Keep it up!

Posts delayed 5 days is a good thing? It sounds like maybe we need  
more -general moderators... (and yes, I'm volunteering).
--
Jim Nasby                                            [email-masked]
EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:42:57 -0400

Jim Nasby wrote:
> Posts delayed 5 days is a good thing?

They are not, which is why Andrew is doing a good job of not letting'em
happen on the other lists.

> It sounds like maybe we need  more -general moderators... (and yes,
> I'm volunteering).

Cool :-)  Make sure whoever is the owner of that list adds you to the
moderator list ... which may take a while.  For example I asked Marc
four or five times already to set me up as moderator for some lists,
and I'm still waiting.

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:02:20 -0300

> four or five times already to set me up as moderator for some lists,

Odd, I've been waiting for an email back on my response to your email 
confirming what email address you wanted me ot set you up to use ... I figured 
you just got busy and didn't have time to answer yet ...

Please email me a list of which ones you want added to, and which of your email 
addresses to add, and I can do it tonight ... *shrug*

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:10:56 +0300

Hello,

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 12:42 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> For example I asked Marc four or five times already to set me up as
> moderator for some lists, and I'm still waiting. 

Almost same in here: I volunteered for moderating list and got no reply.

Cheers,
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, ODBCng - http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:38:55 -0300

Same as with Alvarre ... what lists, and what email address should I set it up 
as?

- ----

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:10:19 -0400

> you just got busy and didn't have time to answer yet ...

I did send it ... maybe it got caught by your spam filters.  Address is
[email-masked].  Lists are pgsql-hackers, pgsql-committers,
pgsql-patches.

> addresses to add, and I can do it tonight ... *shrug*

Thanks!

---

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:22:20 +0300

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 14:38 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Same as with Alvarre ... what lists, and what email address should I
> set it up  as?

Thanks Marc. I'm now a moderator of -advocacy, -general, -hackers and
-jobs.

Regards,