Subject: Archive search seems borked

From: Decibel! <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:56:24 -0500

Something's wrong with archive searching. I can't find this message
anywhere through search if I specify a post date of within the last
week:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-08/msg00343.php
-- 
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        [email-masked]
EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:08:43 +0200

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-08/msg00343.php

The indexer was stuck indexing pgfoundry based sites. It hung one of the
times the hub.org datanceter dropped, seems PHP didn't time out connections
properly.

I kicked it in the head and it's reindexing now. Should be done in a
minute or two - general is done, and searches for that mail shows up again.

//Magnus

---

From: Decibel! <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:55:04 -0500

> minute or two - general is done, and searches for that mail shows up again.

Search is pretty critical... can we setup some kind of monitoring for
it?
-- 
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        [email-masked]
EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)

---

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:42:35 +0200

> Search is pretty critical... can we setup some kind of monitoring for

Yeah, working on that already.

/Magnus

---

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:33:37 +0200

> Search is pretty critical... can we setup some kind of monitoring for

we are monitoring it on a general base - filed a ticket for magnus to
improve the indexer check more closely about 30min after he reported the
fix ...

Stefan