Subject: Beta 2 Announcement in ~2 hours ...

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:01:21 -0300

As per instructions from JoshB: "Let the WWW team know that the 2nd beta is 
available and that they can update the Beta site and approve the news item." ...

It is approx. 12:00 GMT ...

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:19:18 -0400

> It is approx. 12:00 GMT ...

Looking at this now, I can't seem to find the beta2... it should be accessible 
here shouldn't it?   http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.3beta2/

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter LAMP :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:53:04 -0300

- --On Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:19:18 -0400 Robert Treat 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Looking at this now, I can't seem to find the beta2... it should be
> accessible  here shouldn't it?
> http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.3beta/

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
>        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
>        match

- ----

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:13:34 -0400

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 11:53, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> --On Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:19:18 -0400 Robert Treat
>
> >> As per instructions from JoshB: "Let the WWW team know that the 2nd beta
> >> is available and that they can update the Beta site and approve the news
> >> item." ...
> >>

#$&#@&*@*(@(#(@!)!)

windows is located at http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3beta2/win32/, 
do we want to roll with this as is ?

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:25:27 -0300

- --On Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:13:34 -0400 Robert Treat 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

># $&#@&*@*(@(#(@!)!)

I just posted what JoshB sent over to me .. won't most windows users go through 
the web site anyway?

I can re-submit with the extra text if you want though, but didn't the announce 
already go through?

- ----