Subject: my mail is b0rked

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:05:34 -0500

Hi all,

I wanted to warn people that I am doing _no_ moderation at the
moment, and haven't been doing successfully since Sat, when the magic
smoke came out of my mail server.  (Be on the other side of the
continent when magic smoke comes out, and see how your wife takes it
;-)

I haven't had time to fix my outbound mail routing correctly (I need
to fix up the header rewriting), because the machine that mail
actually comes from is my workstation, and it's currently exposing
some inner-network hostnames that shouldn't be.  (The problem is a
lack of time on my part to fix things properly -- I stole a machine
from elsewhere to stand in as the mailserver while parts make their
way to me, and I'm too busy right now to spend the time restoring
things when the parts should arrive shortly anyway.  Crises never
come in ones.)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

A
-- 
----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:33:09 -0500

> smoke came out of my mail server.  (Be on the other side of the

If this makes it through, then I have fixed the rewriting, and everything is
happy and good again.  Well, except the parts aren't here and my office is a
bit of a disaster zone.  But that's none of your problem :)  Assuming this
works, I'll start moderating again.

Again, sorry for the interruption.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
Old sigs will return after re-constitution of blue smoke

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:30:03 -0500

> If this makes it through, then I have fixed the rewriting, and everything is

Well, if it makes it through unmoderated (thanks to whoever did that).  As
you can tell, I forgot to fix my .muttrc to be cranky, once again. 

So this is one last test.  Sorry for the noise.

A