Subject: Archives: link to MarkMail?

From: Neil Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 16:09:27 -0800

Someone from MarkMail asked if it would be possible to add a link to the
MarkMail PostgreSQL list archives (http://postgresql.markmail.org) to
archives.postgresql.org. Would it be?

-Neil

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 19:26:40 -0500 (EST)

> archives.postgresql.org. Would it be?

Sort of like alternative archive search engines?   Yes, that would work.
I currently have for URLs:

	http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=postgresql
	http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?autobahn=nolimit&hunt=pgsql
	http://postgresql.markmail.org/
	http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?lnk=gh&hl=en&sel=33656041

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:28:37 +0100

> 	http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?lnk=gh&hl=en&sel=33656041

Actually putting the links on archives.postgresql.org would be a bad thing
to do right now, since we're changing around quite a bit of where those
pages are coming from etc.

We could put it on the http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/ page
though. The question then becomes - do we link to all of them? If not,
what's the criteria for which one(s) get listed? 

//Magnus

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:45:32 -0300

> what's the criteria for which one(s) get listed? 

What I'd do is put a link to the specific archive for each specific list
in the description at the top of each list's page (on each list's "top"
file, or the table entry when we get that thing in).

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:54:40 +0100

> file, or the table entry when we get that thing in).

That we can do, but let's fix the other parts there first.

And the second question still remains to be decided upon before we can do that.

//Magnus