Subject: Please remove change_the_name email list

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:40:37 -0400 (EDT)

Please remove the change_the_name email list.  This is my second
request.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:15:59 -0400

> Please remove the change_the_name email list.  This is my second

Why are we removing it?  I thought that was where the name change flare-ups
were to go?

A

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Why are we removing it?  I thought that was where the name change flare-ups

Everyone else to commented felt it was a useless list.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:48:26 -0300

Gone, sorry for the delay, thought I had already removed it ...

- --On Tuesday, March 18, 2008 19:40:37 -0400 Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
> To make changes to your subscription:
> http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

- -- 
Marc G. Fournier        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A. (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:32:01 -0300

> Gone, sorry for the delay, thought I had already removed it ...

Ok, I removed change_the_name from the archives too, but a new thing
called ,change_the_name.0 appeared.

http://archives.postgresql.org/,change_the_name.0/

I assume this is just something weird arising from the way majordomo
deletes lists.  (The archive appears empty -- I think this is just a bug
in the archiver processes, triggered by the initial , or the .0
extension.  I'm not gonna waste time fixing it.)

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:39:06 +0000

>  extension.  I'm not gonna waste time fixing it.)

I wonder if you deleted it whilst rsync was hitting it?

-- 
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL UK 2008 Conference: http://www.postgresql.org.uk

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:43:08 +0000

>  I wonder if you deleted it whilst rsync was hitting it?

Hmm, no - its on the source server too. I've added it to the excludes
list so you can delete it from the archives server. If it's safe to do
so, Marc can remove it from the list server if he feels that way
inclined.

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:20:31 -0300

> so, Marc can remove it from the list server if he feels that way

Thanks, done.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:17:03 -0300 (ADT)

> so, Marc can remove it from the list server if he feels that way 

I suspect that majordomo does that to act as a 'backup' of a deleted list 
... I've tar'd it up to /root and removed ...

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:43:35 -0400

On Thursday 20 March 2008 17:31, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Why are we removing it?  I thought that was where the name change
> > flare-ups were to go?
>

Did it ever recieve any traffic? 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter LAMP :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:45:10 -0400 (EDT)

> Did it ever recieve any traffic? 

Just a few emails wondering what the list was for.