Subject: yet another fiber outage

From: damien clochard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:29:21 +0200

hi all,

On this monday morning, around  8h AM CEST, another network outage occured 
such as the one that happened in may. during this incident, we lost our main 
link to Dalibo's datacenter and to the postgresql.org servers that we are 
hosting ( alderaan and baarzan ).

A second, long awaited,  fiber link has been set up this morning and the 
connectivity  was restored at 10h AM CEST.

Hopefully, this new link will increase the quality of our connectivity . At 
least, the technical difficulties that we are experiencing with the first 
link won't result in a global outage anymore.

Please accept our apologies for this incident.

Thanks for your patience.

-- 
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com

---

From: damien clochard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:30:29 +0200

Le Monday 28 July 2008 12:29:21 damien clochard, vous avez écrit :
> such as the one that happened in may. during this incident, we lost our
> main link to Dalibo's datacenter and to the postgresql.org servers that we
> are hosting ( alderaan and baarzan ).
>

ok here's some news about the situation.

The first fiber link won't be repaired before tomorow afternoon.

An intervention on the second link is scheduled this evening from 18:00 to 
19:00 CEST ( UTC/GMT +2 hours ). During this period, we might experience a 
short network  outage of 2 or 3 minutes that will impact alderaan et barzaan.

We will keep you updated with any new development.

Thanks for your understanding.