Subject: Wiki editor request

From: Buck Huppmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 01:08:46 -0400

Hello

I would like permission to edit the postgresql parsers page to add
the python pglast library to the list, as I've found it to be a
perfect scratch for my itch, this itch being one of a python origin,
and think it might do other people looking to that page for similar
relief some good.

The community account username I just signed up for is: sapito

If you just wanna do the honors yourself, the page I want to edit is

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Query_Parsing

and the text I want to add is below, marked down.

Thanks either way

--buck

#### pglast

As an alternative to *sqlparse*, for Python use, there is
[*pglast*](https://github.com/lelit/pglast), which, like
[*pg_query*](#pg_query), mentioned above, also builds
on the underlying machinery of
[*libpq_query*](https://github.com/pganalyze/libpg_query) to
make PostgreSQL's internal query parsing code and the elements
of the parse tree available not only for validating and
breaking down queries grammatically but also for building
them up from parts, patching them, etc., and comes with
pretty-printing and some PostgreSQL-specific functionality
(rewriting comma-separated argument-list calls of builtin
functions with the available stadardsy equivalent phrases,
e.g.) for rendering to a range of outputs.

#### Other *libpq_query* bindings

The [*libpq_query* project
README](https://github.com/pganalyze/libpg_query#readme)
lists bindings in
[a few
other languages](https://github.com/pganalyze/libpg_query#resources)
as well.

---

From: Joe Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 06:43:07 -0400

On 9/13/23 01:08, Buck Huppmann wrote:
> I would like permission to edit the postgresql parsers page

> The community account username I just signed up for is

I just expedited the cooling off period for you. Please sign into the 
wiki once and then "reply-all" to this email to let us know you have 
done so. At that point we can grant editor.

Thanks,

-- 
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team
RDS Open Source Databases
Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com

---

From: Buck Huppmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 19:08:40 -0400

On Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 06:43:07AM -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> I just expedited the cooling off period for you. Please sign into the wiki
> once and then "reply-all" to this email to let us know you have done so. At
> that point we can grant editor.

thanks

i ("sapito") have signed in

---

From: Joe Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 20:09:19 -0400

> i ("sapito") have signed in

done!

---

From: Buck Huppmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:20:40 -0400

thanks

editing done

feel free to revoke my privs and clean up the mess[*]

(but seriously: thanks)

--buck

[*] in the tradition of prior contributors, i included a wall of <code>
    that i hadn't mentiond as part of my original proposal, so feel free
    to prune that if it seems excessive