Subject: Wiki editor request

From: Reed Loden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 21:25:22 -0800

I would like editor access to the wiki. My username is `reed`, and I would
like to modify https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt to change "
http://apt.postgresql.org" to "https://apt.postgresql.org".

HTTPS is supported, and there's no reason not to default to it.
https://blog.packagecloud.io/attacks-against-gpg-signed-apt-repositories/
provides multiple reasons why TLS should always be used, in addition to GPG.

Thanks,
~reed

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 09:25:29 +0100

> http://apt.postgresql.org" to "https://apt.postgresql.org".

Cool.  I have expedited your cool-off period; please log in to the wiki
once, which creates the account there, and then we can grant editor privs.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera        Breisgau, Deutschland  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"In fact, the basic problem with Perl 5's subroutines is that they're not
crufty enough, so the cruft leaks out into user-defined code instead, by
the Conservation of Cruft Principle."  (Larry Wall, Apocalypse 6)