Subject: Wiki editor request

From: X L <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:45:04 -0500

Hello,

I would like to request editor access to the PostgreSQL Wiki. My username
is xinyuliu and I would like to add to the page
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Performance_Optimization  a list of
potential optimization techniques.

In the past, we submitted this kind of issues as bug reports (e.g., BUG
#16625
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAApHDvqKE2MLsQidBtY8AaM%2BJ9VWN5uct3dQ92HnfDKzc4f%3DcQ%40mail.gmail.com>)
describing how PostgreSQL may manifest suboptimal runtime performance for
certain query patterns, which suggests missing optimizations. However, the
developer who responded to our reports suggested reporting these issues as
missing optimisations on the Wiki page instead.

Furthermore, we also noticed that users could be unaware of these issues
and inquire about possible workarounds
<https://www.spinics.net/lists/pgsql-performance/msg42681.html>, which
would be a further reason to provide this information on the Wiki. The Wiki
would also provide a forum for developers and users to discuss
opportunities for improving the existing query optimizer.

I am looking forward to your response and would be happy to provide any
additional information that you may need.

Thank you,

Xinyu Liu

---

From: Joe Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 09:39:51 -0500

On 9/22/22 12:50, Jan Prochazka wrote:
> "I would like editor access to the wiki

Hi,

I just noticed that no one ever replied to your request -- my apologies.

In order to grant editor, you need to log into the wiki once and then 
report back. At that point I can grant it.

Thanks,

-- 
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team
RDS Open Source Databases
Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com

---

From: Joe Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 12:48:25 -0500

On 1/26/23 12:37, Lahyan Djeh wrote:

Please provide some context -- what do you want to edit and why?

---

From: Joe Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:31:40 -0400

On 3/18/23 06:38, Zdeňka Padiva wrote:

What is it you want to edit and why?

Joe