Subject: News review in dark mode

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2025 11:20:25 +0000

It's bugged me for ages that the news preview in dark mode has been broken
forever. Here's a patch to fix that, along with before/after screenshots.

Note that it does change more than just styles; it now uses an iframe and a
hidden text area to properly isolate the styles from the email template and
stop them leaking into the main page content.

-- 
Dave Page
pgAdmin: https://www.pgadmin.org
PostgreSQL: https://www.postgresql.org
pgEdge: https://www.pgedge.com

---

From: Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2025 15:50:06 +0100

> forever. Here's a patch to fix that, along with before/after screenshots.

Oh, yes _please_, thank you very much.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera        Breisgau, Deutschland  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La grandeza es una experiencia transitoria.  Nunca es consistente.
Depende en gran parte de la imaginación humana creadora de mitos"
(Irulan)

---

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2025 11:04:19 -0500

> Oh, yes _please_, thank you very much.

+1 for the feature.

Code overall looks fine to me. I'd prefer if we could make the 
"try/catch" block be more discerning about opting to ignore the 
Cross-Origin error, but given the contents of the try block are benign, 
I wouldn't block the patch on that.

Thanks,

Jonathan

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2025 08:55:39 +0000

> I wouldn't block the patch on that.

Thanks - this has been pushed with a minor tweak to the catch block:

            } catch (e) {
                /* Only ignore SecurityError/cross-origin errors, rethrow
others */
                if (e.name !== 'SecurityError') {
                    throw e;
                }
            }