Subject: Copy script button cleanup

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2025 11:29:40 +0000

The Copy Script buttons on the Linux package installation pages look
horrific. See before.png.

The attached patch makes them look much nicer, with proper sizing and an
icon based button. On click, it briefly changes to a green checkmark to
show confirmation. See the after screenshots.

I'll apply this in a couple of days if there are no objections.

-- 
Dave Page
pgAdmin: https://www.pgadmin.org
PostgreSQL: https://www.postgresql.org
pgEdge: https://www.pgedge.com

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2025 15:41:07 +0100

> I'll apply this in a couple of days if there are no objections.
LGTM in general and certainly is a lot prettier.

Can you explain what that "fallback for text based buttons" is?  Aren't
they all replaced with icons?

Oh, and I'm told you're not supposed to use "var" for variables in js due
to the broken scoping :)

And while you're poking at it, one thing I've really wanted is a "copy
without the sudo parts". But I'm guessing that would be a lot more
complicated than what you're fixing here...

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/ <http://www.hagander.net/>
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/ <http://www.redpill-linpro.com/>

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2025 10:38:26 +0000

> they all replaced with icons?

Oh, yeah. That's no longer needed now the patch is complete. I'll remove it.

> Oh, and I'm told you're not supposed to use "var" for variables in js due

Old habits die hard :-(

> complicated than what you're fixing here...

Ask and thou shalt receive.

2 patches attached. Both fix the original issue. One also adds the no sudo
button.

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2025 14:26:51 +0100

> On 2 Dec 2025, at 15:41, Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2025 at 12:30, Dave Page <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>> The Copy Script buttons on the Linux package installation pages look horrific. See before.png.
>> 
>> The attached patch makes them look much nicer, with proper sizing and an icon based button. On click, it briefly changes to a green checkmark to show confirmation. See the after screenshots.
>> 

+1, it looks much better!

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2025 23:28:55 +0100

> Ask and thou shalt receive.

Sweet! :)

> button.
Looks good in a (fairly brief) check. Thanks!

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2025 09:39:27 +0000

On Wed, 3 Dec 2025 at 22:29, Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>> The attached patch makes them look much nicer, with proper sizing and
>>>> an icon based button. On click, it briefly changes to a green checkmark to
>>> Oh, and I'm told you're not supposed to use "var" for variables in js
>>> due to the broken scoping :)
>>>
>>
>> Old habits die hard :-(
>>
>>
>>>

Thanks - I fixed one more minor styling issue (minimum height of the code
boxes), and applied the no-sudo version.

---

From: Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2025 16:18:50 +0100

> boxes), and applied the no-sudo version.

Hmm, when I click the no-sudo button, a green checkmark appears.  But
when I click the other one, the icon from the button disappears for a
few seconds.  I suppose that's not intended.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera               48°01'N 7°57'E  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"People get annoyed when you try to debug them."  (Larry Wall)

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2025 17:18:02 +0000

> few seconds.  I suppose that's not intended.

I can’t reproduce that on my laptop or phone. Do you need a hard refresh
perhaps?