Subject: wiki log in: "Resource available only to logged in users"

From: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 12:24:19 -0800

Based on visiting https://www.postgresql.org/account/profile/, this Chrome
profile is logged into my community account.  However, if I visit
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_18_Open_Items and click "log in"
or "view source" I get:

  Error 403 Resource available only to logged in users
  Resource available only to logged in users
  Guru Meditation:
  XID: 391363

I get the same in a Chrome incognito window.  I've not seen this error before
today, though I've likely not logged into the wiki since before the PostgreSQL
18.0 release.

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 12:47:04 -0800

> profile is logged into my community account.  However, if I visit

Not following, how is a Chrome profile involved?

AFAIK you log with an email.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]

---

From: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 13:05:00 -0800

> Not following, how is a Chrome profile involved?

I just meant "this browser is logged into my community account".  I
highlighted this to avoid responses like "did you try logging in?"  (My
original post said it in terms of Chrome profiles because each profile has its
own store of cookies.  Logging into postgresql.org in one profile wouldn't
achieve that for any other profile.  This detail probably doesn't matter for
fixing $SUBJECT.)

> AFAIK you log with an email.

Correct.

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 13:15:56 -0800

> achieve that for any other profile.  This detail probably doesn't matter for

Alright I understand. I have had issues before with incomplete log 
outs/ins. If the Logout link is present under the Quick Links section on 
the left side of the page try logging out and then back in.

---

From: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 13:27:41 -0800

On Fri, Dec 05, 2025 at 01:15:56PM -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> Alright I understand. I have had issues before with incomplete log outs/ins.
> If the Logout link is present under the Quick Links section on the left side
> of the page try logging out and then back in.

That did not change the outcome.

Does
https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=PostgreSQL_18_Open_Items&action=edit
work for you, or does it give the error I reported?

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 13:32:24 -0800

> work for you, or does it give the error I reported?

I get the same error, also when I try to use the Search dialog. Seems 
there is something else in play here.

---

From: Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2025 09:28:35 +0100

>   Error 403 Resource available only to logged in users

Hello,

The wiki had been "under attack" (read: unnaturally heavy scraping
traffic) for a few days and had consequently started spewing errors of
various kinds.  To defend against this, some URLs had to be blocked,
which is why you now get error 403 in various places.  You should be
able to log in to the wiki from its main page, and then all restrictions
are lifted.

It's not clear to me exactly why does the login link work on the main
page and not on other pages.  We may be able to lift this at some point.
But for now, there's at least a workaround.

Thanks,

-- 
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"I apologize for the confusion in my previous responses.
 There appears to be an error."                   (ChatGPT)

---

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2025 11:02:51 +0100

> today, though I've likely not logged into the wiki since before the PostgreSQL

I made an attempt to improve this - please try again!

Stefan

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2025 08:16:05 -0800

> I made an attempt to improve this - please try again!

It worked for me.

Thanks.

---

From: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2025 12:12:29 -0800

> I made an attempt to improve this - please try again!

I get the same error outcome from the main-page login link, which for me is
https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main+Page

Visiting https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:UserLogin is an effective
workaround for me.

---

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2025 21:36:16 +0100

> Visiting https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:UserLogin is an effective

yeah I think this was me simply not deploying all of the config changes 
- sorry for that....

Should work now...

Stefan

---

From: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2025 12:39:21 -0800

On Sat, Dec 06, 2025 at 09:36:16PM +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> yeah I think this was me simply not deploying all of the config changes -
> sorry for that....
> 
> Should work now...

Works now.  Thanks.