Subject: Problem with conference site

From: Jim Nasby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:46:10 -0500

Anyone have any clues as to why db.decibel.org would be unable to hit  
conference.pg.org? Other websites work fine, and I've even added  
rules to my firewall specifically allowing traffic to/from that  
machine, still no luck.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [email-masked]
Pervasive Software      http://pervasive.com    work: 512-231-6117
vcard: http://jim.nasby.net/pervasive.vcf       cell: 512-569-9461

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 09:20:02 -0700

Can you give me a traceroute for it?

Thanks,

Gavin

On Jun 30, 2006, at 6:46 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:

> Anyone have any clues as to why would be unable to hit  
> ---------------------------(end of  
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

---

From: Jim Nasby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 12:59:41 -0500

Just started working all the sudden...

traceroute to conference.postgresql.org (65.19.161.16), 64 hops max,  
40 byte packets
1  docboy.sk.decibel.org (10.82.1.1)  2.072 ms  1.043 ms  0.929 ms
2  65-86-67-33.client.dsl.net (65.86.67.33)  1.661 ms  2.235 ms   
1.838 ms
3  * * *
4  cr01-nyc02-g0-2-0-0.dsl.net (216.184.170.129)  861.920 ms   
3181.508 ms  178.038 ms
5  cr02-nyc02-g0-3-0-0.dsl.net (216.175.165.22)  381.439 ms  58.229  
ms  145.445 ms
6  gige-g6-0.br1.nyc2.he.net (209.51.163.121)  82.703 ms  729.808 ms   
51.293 ms
7  gige-g0-2.gsr12416.nyc.he.net (216.66.0.1)  44.030 ms  3060.744  
ms  88.193 ms
8  pos0-1.gsr12416.sjc2.he.net (216.218.223.133)  106.681 ms   
3277.188 ms  1669.017 ms
9  pos4-3.gsr12416.fmt2.he.net (216.218.229.58)  118.553 ms  1766.535  
ms  110.075 ms
10  vhost-65-19.161-16.ehpg.net (65.19.161.16)  180.585 ms  3216.543  
ms  1491.703 ms
[email-masked][12:58]~:2%

On Jul 1, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>