Subject: Small typos in about/history.html

From: "Adrian Maier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:00:32 +0300

Hello,

The attached patch fixes two small errors in template/en/about/history.html :
- "Compter Associates" -> "Computer Associates"
- "Multiversion Concurrency Contol" -> "Multiversion Concurrency Control"

Cheers,
Adrian Maier
? patch1.diff
? template/files.txt
? template/en/files.txt
? template/en/template_en_files.txt
Index: template/en/about/history.html
===================================================================
RCS file: /usr/local/cvsroot/pgweb/portal/template/en/about/history.html,v
retrieving revision 1.8
diff -c -r1.8 history.html
*** template/en/about/history.html	5 Apr 2007 09:10:33 -0000	1.8
--- template/en/about/history.html	2 May 2007 11:53:37 -0000
***************
*** 10,16 ****
  UCB by a computer science professor named Michael Stonebraker,
  who went on to become the CTO of Informix Corporation. Stonebraker
  started Postgres in 1986 as a followup project to its predecessor, Ingres, now
! owned by Compter Associates. Postgres' name thus plays off of its successor (as
  in "after Ingres"). Ingres, developed from 1977 to 1985, had been an exercise in
  creating a database system according to classic RDBMS theory. Postgres,
  developed between 1986-1994, was a project meant to break new ground in database
--- 10,16 ----
  UCB by a computer science professor named Michael Stonebraker,
  who went on to become the CTO of Informix Corporation. Stonebraker
  started Postgres in 1986 as a followup project to its predecessor, Ingres, now
! owned by Computer Associates. Postgres' name thus plays off of its successor (as
  in "after Ingres"). Ingres, developed from 1977 to 1985, had been an exercise in
  creating a database system according to classic RDBMS theory. Postgres,
  developed between 1986-1994, was a project meant to break new ground in database
***************
*** 44,50 ****
  system in almost every area. Over the next four years (versions 6.0 - 7.0),
  major improvements and new features were made such as:
  
! </p><div class="itemizedlist"><ul type="disc"><li><p><tt class="prompt">Multiversion Concurrency Contol (MVCC).</tt>
    Table-level locking was replaced with a sophisticated multiversion concurrency
    control system, which allows readers to continue reading consistent data
    during writer activity and enables online (hot) backups while the database is
--- 44,50 ----
  system in almost every area. Over the next four years (versions 6.0 - 7.0),
  major improvements and new features were made such as:
  
! </p><div class="itemizedlist"><ul type="disc"><li><p><tt class="prompt">Multiversion Concurrency Control (MVCC).</tt>
    Table-level locking was replaced with a sophisticated multiversion concurrency
    control system, which allows readers to continue reading consistent data
    during writer activity and enables online (hot) backups while the database is

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 13:28:34 -0000

> The attached patch fixes two small errors in template/en/about/history.html :

Applied, thanks for the report.

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200705020928
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8