Subject: postgres.org not working

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:56:31 +0800

Hi guys,

Just received an email that referred to the PostgreSQL website as being:

http://postgres.org

Tried out the link, and it goes to:

http://webmail.develnew.postgresql.org

Instead (and breaks on the spot).

Probably needs fixing.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 10:43:29 -0300 (ADT)

should be good now ... added a ServerAlias to the www.postgresql.org.conf
file and everything seems to come up fine from here now ...

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Justin Clift wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to [email-masked]
>

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:33:46 +0800

Hi Marc,

It's not working from here, though I suspect it's probably some kind of 
cahing issue or something in some piece of software (browser, system, 
DNS, or possibly something else).

Will try again in a day or two, etc, and see how it goes.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 12:26:29 -0400

> DNS, or possibly something else).

http://postgres.org still goes to webmail.develnew.postgresql.org for me
as well (as of about noon Sat) ... and since I hadn't tried to visit
it before, I'm quite sure it's not any local cache issue.

I can't get http://postgres.com to come up either.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:39:43 -0300 (ADT)

> it before, I'm quite sure it's not any local cache issue.

browser issue?  I just tested from ... d'oh ... www.postgres.org is where
I'm going to, which does work ...

k, I've fixed the DNS for postgres.com also, and added the ServerAlias
lines for the non-www.* names ... will take a bit for the DNS to propogate
out ...