Subject: pgsql-students mailing list requested

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:48:41 -0700

Folks,

Between Summer of Code, the Anniversary and some stuff I'm trying to set up 
with ACM, I'm looking at ways to bring academic users of Postgres and the 
main community closer together.

Elein suggested that we set up a pgsql-students mailing list.  I think this 
is a terrific idea, and easy.   So can we set up a pgsql-students mailing 
list?   With me as admin?  I'm hoping that at Anniversary I can recruit a 
professor to take over leadership, but for now we could really use the 
list for Summer of Code.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:14:50 -0700

> professor to take over leadership, but for now we could really use the 

Does it make more sense for it to be something like: pgsql-academics ? 
It may not just be students but also profs... and scientists.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

-- 

    === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
              http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: "John Jawed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:53:20 -0700

+1, this would really help.

On 5/26/06, Josh Berkus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
>

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:26:18 -0300 (ADT)

Josh?

>> professor to take over leadership, but for now we could really use the

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:38:37 -0700

All:

yeah, I'm not sure pgsql-students is the *best* name.  However, it's the 
only one I can think of which is both unambiguous and short.   
pgsql-academics I think would confuse people.   Maybe pgsql-schools, or 
even pguniversity ;-)

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:54:55 -0400

> pgsql-academics I think would confuse people.   Maybe pgsql-schools, or 

pgsql-students would at least have a pretty clear focus, which the other
proposals seem to lack.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 20:28:53 -0300 (ADT)

> pgsql-students would at least have a pretty clear focus, which the other

Agreed ...

pgsql-students it is ... created and active ...

----