Subject: pugs.postgresql.org error in pg_query()

From: Alexey Klyukin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:44:57 +0300

Hi,

I've noticed that pugs.postgresql.org shows this error on some pages:

warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "ON" LINE 1: SELECT count( DISTINCT ON (node.nid) node.nid) FROM node nod... ^ in /usr/local/www/drupal5/includes/database.pgsql.inc on line 125.

user warning: query: SELECT count( DISTINCT ON (node.nid) node.nid) FROM node node LEFT JOIN node_comment_statistics node_comment_statistics ON node.nid = node_comment_statistics.nid INNER JOIN users users ON node.uid = users.uid LEFT JOIN node n ON node.nid = n.nid INNER JOIN node_access na ON na.nid = node.nid WHERE ((n.moderate != 1)) AND (na.grant_view >= 1 AND ((na.gid = 0 AND na.realm = 'all'))) AND ( (node.status = '1') ) in /usr/local/www/drupal5/includes/database.pgsql.inc on line 144.

For example you can see this error there:
http://pugs.postgresql.org/tracker

This error is drupal-related and discussed on this page:
http://drupal.org/node/128846#comment-759767

This patch seems to correct it:
http://drupal.org/files/issues/database.pgsql_.inc__1.patch
although I've never checked this since I don't have drupal installation around.

-- 
Alexey Klyukin                         http://www.commandprompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.

---

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:43:43 -0700

> I've noticed that pugs.postgresql.org shows this error on some pages:

Thank you.  I had applied that patch a while back, but Marc tried to
upgrade using ports, and it failed. Must have eaten the patch
somewhere along the line.

I've re-applied the patch!

-selena

-- 
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
Me - http://www.chesnok.com/daily