Subject: Re: Hello and some questions

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:17:25 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gavin M. Roy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 16 December 2003 22:39
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Hello and some questions
> 
> Not that I'm trying to stir things up, but I do have a fairly 
> solid php cms infrastructure that can be used, and would love 
> to have you guys evaluate for use... it would require a 
> php/pgsql setup for www hosts, and we would use replication 
> to drive the content down.  Yes a major change in how things 
> are structured, but change can be good.

Can it handle translations?

What's required to set it up? - we can certainly take a peek. Do you
have any examples of it running on a public site already we might look
at?

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:36:30 -0200

> Can it handle translations?
Yeah. See http://openacs.org/doc/openacs-5-0-0/release-notes.html

> have any examples of it running on a public site already we might look
Instructions ? Here http://openacs.org/doc/openacs-5-0-0/install-steps.html
Public Site running it? Here http://openacs.org/community/sites/

IMHO, I think we need to try a CMS product. If we can't find it, let's improve what we have.

-- 
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br
Desenvolvedor Web e Administrador de Sistemas
UFGNet - Universidade Federal de Goiás

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:03:41 -0800

Yes it handles multiple languages, has multiple levels of authorization 
before taking a content page live ( Approval and Activation ), support 
for multiple administrative users and permissions options per content 
key.  It is currently running the http://www.gamesnet.net and 
http://www.phpcommune.org site.  While it wouldn't be ideal for say the 
idocs section of the site, I have been thinking on it and have an idea 
on how to make it work well there.  I am almost done with a major 
re-write of the core parser to make it less db and process intensive, 
and could throw together a sample site based upon some sort of layout 
representative of the PgSQL site in about a week (other commitments at 
work this week). 

Some URL's covering multi-lingual support:
  http://www.gamesnet.net/start
  http://www.gamesnet.net/aup
  http://www.gamesnet.net/servicesCommands

Gavin