Subject: putting up modified 'portal'

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:02:56 +0300

Hi!

It seems to be a consensus here that I'm not respectable enough to be 
given access to CVS and/or servers. Fine with me, but as there *are* 
people interested in the changes I did, then someone else has to put 
them up.

Is there a person with a little bit of free time, access to pgweb CVS 
and development server to whom I can send the changed code? I'd suggest 
putting it on a separate branch in CVS to not break the current working 
code, the amount of changes done make it difficult to work without 
version control.

Thanks in advance.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:10:30 -0400 (AST)

Post a URL of the patch to apply?  That one of us can download

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:19:16 +0300

Hi!

> Post a URL of the patch to apply?  That one of us can download

The code that runs on
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/
can be downloaded from
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg.tar.gz

Although there are some hacks there (as I don't have gborg database and 
can't run the code from website's root) and a lot of commented out code. 
  I'll probably prepare a cleaner version tomorrow or a day after this.

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:15:35 +0300

Hi!

Andreas Grabmüller wrote:
> I've now applied your new code (please note I have not changed anything so your hacks do still exist).

Ouch. I didn't realise there were that many unnecessary files in the archive I 
posted, sorry. :]

Right now I'm working with Marc on putting up this code on a dev server, when it 
finally works it will be a much cleaner and hack-free version.

> However, I don't think it makes much sense to work this way. As it seems we can't give Alexey access to only one single module, what about creating a new project on gborg (postgresql.org 3.0 or something like that) where we can play without affecting anything on the current website?

That would be great.

---

From: David Costa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:31:17 +0100

Hello Everyone,
Just curious, is there any progress with the upgraded site proposed by 
Alexey with the correct mirror redirection et all ?

Another suggestion, wouldn't be worth to change the look and feel for 
http://store.pgsql.com/  ?

I am pretty done with the gborg, main news, events feeds. Next step 
could be some of the mailing lists.

Ta muchly

David

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:48:56 +0300

Hi!

> Alexey with the correct mirror redirection et all ?

Er, the site was kinda uploaded to http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ but 
Marc had some problems setting up mod_rewrite for this and thus it does not 
quite work unless you call system/handler.php directly:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php

Meanwhile I was going to borrow some code from Horde for cleaner gettext() 
management and produce a clean patch for the current CVS version of 'portal'. 
There are some problems now, like me being employed in a project and a harddrive 
crash, but I hope to continue work this weekend/next week.

Hopefully Marc will be able to fix mod_rewrite, too.

---

From: David Costa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:52:50 +0100

On Feb 26, 2004, at 9:48 PM, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> David Costa wrote:
>> Just curious, is there any progress with the upgraded site proposed 
>> by Alexey with the correct mirror redirection et all ?
>
> Er, the site was kinda uploaded to 
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ but Marc had some problems 
> setting up mod_rewrite for this and thus it does not quite work unless 
> you call system/handler.php directly:

I see, I was interested in the downloads redirection but doesn't work 
yet. I guess the other main change on that page is localization right ?
>
> Meanwhile I was going to borrow some code from Horde for cleaner 
> gettext() management and produce a clean patch for the current CVS 
> version of 'portal'. There are some problems now, like me being 
> employed in a project and a harddrive crash, but I hope to continue 
> work this weekend/next week.
>

No problem, let me know if you need some help. BTW you worked on 
HTTP_Quickform right ? It rocks big time.

> Hopefully Marc will be able to fix mod_rewrite, too.

Not sure why you need that but I am sure there is a good reason :D

> TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?
>
>               http://archives.postgresql.org

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:28:53 +0300

Hi!

David Costa wrote:
> yet. 

You mean the "closest mirrors" thing? It kinda works:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php?page=download

> I guess the other main change on that page is localization right ?

Yes. Index page in Russian:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php?page=index&lang=ru

> No problem, let me know if you need some help. 

I'll probably need some help after the cleaner patch will be in CVS. I'll post 
the info in the maillist.

> BTW you worked on HTTP_Quickform right ? It rocks big time.

It is HTML_QuickForm, not HTTP. ;

I was going to use it for form handling on the site, that's good that you know it.

> Not sure why you need that but I am sure there is a good reason :D

The whole (dynamic) site is dispatched through system/handler.php script, 
mod_rewrite is used to redirect "virtual" pages to it.

---

From: David Costa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:44:43 +0100

On Feb 26, 2004, at 10:28 PM, Alexey Borzov wrote:

>>> setting up mod_rewrite for this and thus it does not quite work  
>>> unless you call system/handler.php directly:

very sweet

> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php? 

very nice, kudos
>>
>
> I'll probably need some help after the cleaner patch will be in CVS.  
> I'll post the info in the maillist.
>
Sorry, It was a long day and I am trying to fix some bugs on  
HTTP-upload.
I started to use html-form few weeks ago and I am writing a short  
article about it.

> The whole (dynamic) site is dispatched through system/handler.php  
> script, mod_rewrite is used to redirect "virtual" pages to it.
>

Great, thanks again for your contribution.

---

From: David Costa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:54:18 +0100

> I started to use html-form few weeks ago and I am writing a short 

OMG Twice :D I meant HTML_QuickForm..not the simple html-form :)
sorry ..

David