Subject: Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:31:52 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Costa [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 26 February 2004 20:31
> To: Alexey Borzov; [email-masked]
> Subject: [pgsql-www] Upgraded Site..any news ?
> 
>
> Another suggestion, wouldn't be worth to change the look and 
> feel for http://store.pgsql.com/  ?

We don't own it. PostgreSQL Inc. do (which does make me wonder why we
link directly to it from every page).

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:37:42 -0800

Dave,

> link directly to it from every page).

Well, in theory, they run it for our benefit.   We're supposed to get 20% of 
each sale.

-- 
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

---

From: David Costa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:45:45 +0100

> Well, in theory, they run it for our benefit.   We're supposed to get 

Then they might consider adding caps or making it a bit more appealing. 
Some ideas
(just thinking loud, I am not saying that what is there now is not 
good..)
It could be worth to outsource it, as apache does with jinx
http://www.jinxhackwear.com/scripts/products.asp?affid=16&catID=-1
We could also add some Donation buttons/links like apache does. It 
would be fairly simple via paypal and I think people would do that.
At least, I will ;)

Cheers
David

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:49:33 -0800

David,

> (just thinking loud, I am not saying that what is there now is not 

Actually, it was supposed to be outsourced to CafePress.   Marc?

-- 
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

---

From: David Costa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:58:30 +0100

> Actually, it was supposed to be outsourced to CafePress.   Marc?

That is another great way to do it. Cafepress offers also CD's  and 
they do take care of the design et all.
And they do have a lot of items :)

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:59:45 -0400 (AST)

> Well, in theory, they run it for our benefit.   We're supposed to get 20% of

Which, for almost the past year, have been close to zero ... David is
right, in that the site just plain sucks ... I'm a programmer, and it
definitely :(

David, if you want to propose a new front end to it, I know I'd definitely
not argue against it ... :)

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:02:21 -0400 (AST)

> would be fairly simple via paypal and I think people would do that.

I think it was Jinx that Robert was looking at ... I had also looked at
Cafeexpress(sp?), which is another one that does it ... the conversation
that Robert and I had about it kinda died when I think we both got busy,
but the nice thing about doing it through either of those is they have *a
helluva lot* of selection, without us having the major overhead of getting
stuff pre-printed and hoping it will go ...

Robert, any status on that side of things?

----

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:04:07 -0400 (AST)

> Actually, it was supposed to be outsourced to CafePress.   Marc?

*rofl*  then Robert came at me with the Jinx stuff ... I have the
CafePress account stuff setup, but not sure where Robert went with the
Jinx, as both of us got really busy and it all got side-tracked ...

I'll work on finishing the CafePress stuff this weekend, and post the link
here so that others can see / comment ... I have to fix those images based
on Dave's comments, and clean up the font on the text ... shouldn't take
me long to complete ...

----

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:38:37 -0000 (GMT)

It's rumoured that Marc G. Fournier once said:
>> > We don't own it. PostgreSQL Inc. do (which does make me wonder why
>> > we link directly to it from every page).
>>
>> Well, in theory, they run it for our benefit.   We're supposed to get
>> 20% of each sale.
>
> David, if you want to propose a new front end to it, I know I'd
> definitely not argue against it ... :)

What's wrong with the Cafe Press one? The only issue we had there iirc, is
that one of us didn't like the font on some of the merchandise <grin>
/D

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:01:01 -0400 (AST)

> that one of us didn't like the font on some of the merchandise <grin>

Yup, working on fixing that up this afternoon ... or, at least, this
weekend, depending on how many emergencies pop up :)

----

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:17:28 -0500

> Robert, any status on that side of things?

Woops... forgot I needed to respond to this.  We looked at jinx in the context 
of mass producing t-shirts for use at conferences, and it didnt seem right 
for that task.   We didn't really look into to much for a complete solution, 
though it seems it would be adequate based on some of the other sites that 
use them. 

Robert Treat
-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL