Subject: Re: On site design issues

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:19:08 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gavin M. Roy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 19 April 2004 18:31
> To: Alexey Borzov
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] On site design issues
> 
> I'd be happy to offer a new design for the site, are there 
> any points beyond the obvious (colors, content) that people 
> would have me consider before submitting a design draft?

Hi Gavin,

Accessibility springs to mind. In particular, don't use fixed font sizes
so ppl cannot make them larger in their browser if they want - that
should be considered in the design as well; with the current one, the
ring menu under the logo doesn't display well with enlarged fonts.

It might be nice if there is an option to switch to pure plain text (no
colours or formatting other than H1-6, bold/italic etc.) though I
appreciate that will require some changes to the underlying code as
well.

We also need a navigation system that is scalable. Part of our longterm
task is to consider the 'satellite' sites like advocacy, developer and
techdocs and make them all part of the same project (if you see what I
mean). Whether that means simply standardising the designs, or actually
merging them into the main site is TBD, but I think we should assume
that they will be merged and make any new design suitable scalable.

Regards, Dave.