Subject: Spam filter on Gborg?

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:43:35 +1000

Hi guys,

Do we have spam filtering on the gborg mailing lists?

Just wondering, because I received a spam through the dbdpg-general
mailing list and I wasn't sure.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Dbdpg-general] Email marketing
Date: 	Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:28:26 +0800
From: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

*Email Marketing !*

  We offer you e-mail addresses databases for advertisement mailing; we
sell databases also carry out mailing and hosting for the advertising
projects.

<snipped lengthy spam>

------------------------------------------------------------
remove please email: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=remove>
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:59:03 -0300 (ADT)

neither gborg or gforge have spam filtering or virus checking enabled ...

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Justin Clift wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
>      joining column's datatypes do not match
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Chris Ryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:16:27 -0700 (PDT)

The project admins who setup the mailing lists for a project should
have the access information to change the settings on their mailing
lists. I have all/most of GBorgs project mailing lists set to require
approval of non-member postings to keep the spam off the list. I would
recommend other projects to do the same. You should encourage as such
from the project admin(s) on any lists you are having problems with.

Chris Ryan

> sell databases also carry out mailing and hosting for the advertising

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:52:30 +1000

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:54:23 +1000

(Sorry for the previous no-content message, pressed Control-Enter (send) 
instead of Control-Home.  Oops.)

Thanks Chris.  Wasn't sure, so if the dbdpg mailing lists cop spam again 
I'll let them know it can be done.  Or remind them if they've just 
forgotten.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift