Subject: Zope/Plone assistance

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:44:25 +1000

Hi all,

It turns out that Pablo, one of the webmaster guys we've recently 
brought on board for the digitaldistribution.com website, is skilled 
with Zope and Plone.

Are we ok to give him a login to the techdocs virtual machine, so he can 
look at fixing the broken Zope/Plone instance there?

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 02:09:05 -0300 (ADT)

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It turns out that Pablo, one of the webmaster guys we've recently brought on 
> board for the digitaldistribution.com website, is skilled with Zope and 
> Plone.
>
> Are we ok to give him a login to the techdocs virtual machine, so he can look 
> at fixing the broken Zope/Plone instance there?

what broken zope/plone instance?  nobody has reported any problems to me, 
and I just checked, and its running ...

please provide details ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:28:07 +1000

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
<snip>
> what broken zope/plone instance?  nobody has reported any problems to 
> me, and I just checked, and its running ...
> 

As far as I was aware the Zope/Plone instance has been broken for ages.:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2/Guides/Installation%20Guides/Compiling%20PostgreSQL%207.3.2%20on%20Solaris%208%209/view

For me (and others, because I keep on getting email about it) this 
errors out.  Does it work for you?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:05:22 +1000

> errors out.  Does it work for you?

Just took a bit of time and finally figured out an admin level login for 
the port 8080 management interface.  Although I tried some of the 
settings, and could see part of the Zope/Plone interface is working, the 
whole "Guides" area on techdocs seems totally broken.  From my POV that is.

Does it work for anyone else?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:10:09 +1000

Justin Clift wrote:
<snip>
> Does it work for anyone else?

For further information, using the Zope Management Interface, in the 
/members directory there's an interesting item listed:

+ portal_form_validation (This object from the CMFPlone product is broken!)

When I clicked on that item it them displayed this error information:

***********

This object is broken because the CMFPlone product that created it is no 
longer installed or is installed incorrectly. Please contact the product 
maintainer for assistance.

Note that the data associated with this product has not been lost, and 
will be accessible again if the product is reinstalled.

***********

Not sure if it helps, but thought it best to mention.  Anyway, I've got 
to get back to my main stuff now.

:-/

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:40:17 -0400

> When I clicked on that item it them displayed this error information:

I think the first step in "fixing" this is to get all the docs out of plone 
and scrap plone.  I've taken stabs at this in the past but havent gotten past 
figuring zope out let alone getting plone working... if pablo can/will do 
this I'm all for it. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:40:14 +1000

Robert Treat wrote:
<snip>
> figuring zope out let alone getting plone working... if pablo can/will do 

Makes sense.

Does this mean it's ok to create a login for him?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Sep 2004 13:38:19 -0400

> Does this mean it's ok to create a login for him?

If your willing to vouch for him it's ok by me, course someone else will
have to do it

Robert Treat

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:56:56 -0300 (ADT)

> If your willing to vouch for him it's ok by me, course someone else will

someone send me a userid / passwd to set the gent up with, baring any 
arguments against ... if you send it to me, I'll create the account in the 
morning to give anyone a chance to object *shrug*

----

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:08:03 +1000

Robert Treat wrote:
<snip>
> If your willing to vouch for him it's ok by me, course someone else will

Of course I'm willing to vouch for him.  He wouldn't have access to any 
DDGTS stuff if I didn't trust him.  ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift