Subject: Something strange about the docs search now

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:09:59 +1000

Hi guys,

Just noticed something that has changed (for the worse) in the search 
capabilities of the interactive docs on the site.

If I go to the Interactive Docs section, then do a search, it all works 
fine.

However, doing subsequent searches is different.  The options of where 
to search in seem to have changed, so that I can no longer do another 
search *just through the interactive docs*.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: John Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:23:30 +1000

Justin,

> search *just through the interactive docs*.

what used to be in the dropdown list?

> Justin Clift

... John

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:43:30 +1000

John Hansen wrote:
<snip>
> what used to be in the dropdown list?

Good question.  I don't remember.  :(

However, the behavioral change is pretty simple to explain.

It used to be that after doing a search in the document set, subsequent 
searches could still be done in the document set, and were by default.

Now, after the first search, it doesn't seem to allow for searching in 
the document set any more.

It actually makes things noticeably tricker, as having to go back to the 
first page every time for doing a search is a PITA.  ;)

Hope that's useful.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: John Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:13:07 +1000

> first page every time for doing a search is a PITA.  ;)

See if that helps.

... John

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:45:40 +1000

>>first page every time for doing a search is a PITA.  ;)

Yep, it seems to be working "properly" now.  :)

Thanks heaps John.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift