Subject: Re: Archives / search

From: John Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:25:33 +1000

> >> 'k, first look and I know I wouldn't use it, so let's do it as an 'option'
> >> vs a 'replacement' ... thing is, we have realtime right now also, and that
> >> is the news groups, and, to be honest, I much prefer using a news reader
> >> to read a group then a forum ...

Second look, after importing just 1500 messages from -admin : search
sucks big time, even browsing takes forever. No, I don't think this will
work. I think i'll look for something else... :)

... John

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:36:26 +1000

> work. I think i'll look for something else... :)

Any chance that it's just badly optimised tables?  i.e. missing indexes 
and such?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> ... John
> 
> 
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
>     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [email-masked])

---

From: John Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:13:21 +1000

> Any chance that it's just badly optimised tables?  i.e. missing indexes 

I'll have a look, but I don't think so....

... John