Subject: No link

From: Martín Marqués <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:25:25 -0300

I just read from the weekly news that PostgreSQL won Linux New Media Award for 
Best Database System:

http://www.postgresql.org/news/236.html

The problem is that the news contains a URL which doesn't have the apropriate 
link anchour, so I had to copy and paste the link into the browser to see the 
page. Kind of annoying.

Just in case nobody noticed it.

-- 
 08:20:02 up 50 days, 22:32,  3 users,  load average: 1.47, 1.02, 0.79
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'
Centro de Telematica  |  DBA, Programador, Administrador
             Universidad Nacional
                  del Litoral
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:19:22 +0100

Martín Marqués wrote:
> I just read from the weekly news that PostgreSQL won Linux New Media
> Award for Best Database System:
>
> The problem is that the news contains a URL which doesn't have the
> apropriate link anchour, so I had to copy and paste the link into the
> browser to see the page. Kind of annoying.

Well, the URL pointed to doesn't seem to contain the promised 
information anyway.  There is an account in German at 
<http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2004/7441.html> and a picture of the 
trophy at 
<http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~nk671652/_lit/slides/20041030-171608-083.html> 
(taken at a different event that I went to after LWE).  The current 
issue of Linux Magazin (Germany) also contains details.  "PostgreSQL 8" 
beat "MySQL 5.0" by 48% to 30% or so.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:31:41 -0400 (AST)

This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.

--0-666469050-1099423901=:82047
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: QUOTED-PRINTABLE

> beat "MySQL 5.0" by 48% to 30% or so.

Neat, and we haven't even released it yet :)

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664
--0-666469050-1099423901=:82047--