Subject: Putting up Press Releases?

From: "Josh Berkus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 14:04:00 -0800

Folks,

We're about to start into translations for the 8.0 press release.
  People seem prepared to get it into:  Polish, Italian, French,
Japanese, German, Russian, Swedish, Danish, Hungarian, Romanian,
Turkish, Spanish and Brazillan Portuguese.

My question is, do we have where to put these up?  Is there any point
in posting a press release for a language we don't have a web site in?
 Last time we created some ad-hoc folders and hard-coded encodings, but
I don't want to make a mess for the WWW migration.

--Josh

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:00:44 +0300

Hi,

> in posting a press release for a language we don't have a web site in?

Please bear in mind: even if we release the new version of the website before 
the release of PostgreSQL 8.0, it will certainly lack *any* translations.

> I don't want to make a mess for the WWW migration.

That can be done now, too. But please no hard-coded encodings: the whole site is 
now in UTF-8.