Subject: Re: Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:18:20 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gavin M. Roy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 12 November 2004 18:38
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: Robert Treat; Omar Kilani; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design
> 
> 
> >Not on -advocacy. That list does not, and has never 
> contributed directly to the web stuff. That's what we have -www for.
> >
> >Regards, Dave
> >
> The idea here, and I know that people don't agree, but 
> websites are the public marketing front for projects like 
> this.  Advocacy has as much to do with that as the people on 
> www that make it happen.  

Yes, that's how it should happen. But seeing as -advocacy decided to go
and do their own website, and all we ever seem to get on this list from
there is complaints and criticisms from people who clearly have't taken
the time to check their facts before posting, I personally do not think
they should be included in this. Now that is not a general criticism of
the members of that list - many are *very* constructive community
members. However, every time -advocacy get involved, we end up going
round months old arguments again and again and get nowhere fast.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:51:43 -0800

> round months old arguments again and again and get nowhere fast.

All due respect, but the whole www site is going nowhere fast in 
general. I am on www, and I have seen no updates whatsoever about where 
we are on the website, what tasks need to be completed, who is doing 
them, estimated timelines...

or -- even a reminder to people of where to go to see these things if 
they exist.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> 
> Regards, Dave.
> 
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
> 
>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html

-- 
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.
Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
+1-503-667-4564 - [email-masked] - http://www.commandprompt.com
Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator. Integrated Replication for PostgreSQL