Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:00:52 -0000

OK, I'm not around much at the moment, so I'll just post a few bullet
point notes and a vote. Read into it what you will :-)

1) We accepted lukasz' design. I for one feel we should stick with this
decision because it is the 'right thing to do'. Personally, I do not
subscribe to the 'better code' analagy, but maybe that's just me.

2) Both designs need some work. Lukasz' needs some navigation, and
Omar/Emily's requires 'stretchyness' and the controversial banner ads.

3) Omar has indeed contributed to the code for the portal, however, I do
not think that should dictate which design we use.

4) Applying Omar/Emily's design will require some work which Omar has
volunteered to do. This is not a huge task.

5) Most importantly, we need people working on the content.

So, my vote:

I think both designs are excellent, however, I think that Omar/Emily's
has the edge.

*However*, I cast this vote on the understanding that this is the one
and only time we will have such as discussion until the next time we
formally review the design, maybe in a couple of years time. I *do not*
want to be doing this again in 2 weeks or 2 months time.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:27:51 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gavin Sherry
> Sent: 19 November 2004 22:49
> To: Alexey Borzov
> Cc: Josh Berkus; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Vote on Omar Design
> 
> 
> I am half way through fixing the interfaces section and Josh, 
> Robert Bernier and I are working on case studies. Omar is 
> working on advocacy and techdocs integration.

Whoa there - integrating techdocs has never been on the agenda. The
intention there was to keep it as a separate site - a sort of high class
wiki/cms rolled into one.

Regards, Dave.