Subject: Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL Anniversary

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:04:54 -0800

Folks,

We're thinking of throwing a little conference next July.    However, we 
need to know *this week*, an estimate of how many people would come to the 
conference.  

So, please fill out the survey at:
http://thepostgresqlfoundation.org/survey/
... as soon as you can.  Thanks!

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:30:50 -0300

> ... as soon as you can.  Thanks!

What's with the domain-for-each-purpose thing?  We could have subdomains
instead, say foundation.postgresql.org and planet.postgresql.org.  I
guess I don't understand if there is a reason not to do it that way.  It
seems much more coherent to me.

What's more, it surprises me that http://foundation.postgresql.org
points to the old advocacy site ...

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:58:34 -0500

> seems much more coherent to me.

The original reason behind this site having a seperate domain was due 
primarily to a legal focus.  However it used to be that 
foundation.postgresql.org used to point to it.

> points to the old advocacy site ...

This is probably due to some changes to the apache configs that have been made 
lately?  It should really be fixed. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:34:58 -0800

Alvaro,

> seems much more coherent to me.

It's a temporary site, so the domain doesn't really matter.

--Josh

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:51:21 -0300

> It's a temporary site, so the domain doesn't really matter.

Ah, ok -- I thought I had missed the announcement of the PostgreSQL
Foundation but I guess not :-)

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 03:45:53 -0000

> need to know *this week*, an estimate of how many people would come to the

Was this posted on general? I would think you'd get a better response
over there (and/or hackers) than here on advocacy.

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200512012245
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:07:22 -0500

> over there (and/or hackers) than here on advocacy.

I don't think it was, although I think Josh said he wanted to send it
to -hackers and PWN as well.

Josh?

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan  | [email-masked]
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism. 
                --Brad Holland

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:36:47 -0500

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 22:58, Robert Treat wrote:
> This is probably due to some changes to the apache configs that have been
> made lately?  It should really be fixed.

Marc/Dave, can one of you take a look at this? Seems it should be addressed.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:39:05 -0400 (AST)

Where is it supposed to point to?

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Robert Treat wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 4: Have you searched our list archives?
>
>               http://archives.postgresql.org
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:54:31 -0500

I would guess either the foundation website or nowhere. 

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 21:39, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >> This is probably due to some changes to the apache configs that have
> >> been made lately?  It should really be fixed.
> >