Subject: Co-admininning pgsql-announce

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:27:40 -0800

Marc,

Can you please make me (or someone else) co-moderator on pgsql-announce?    
Announcements are getting held up by as much as 3 days due to your 
workload (including one of mine which is time-critical).  There are 
several people here who can help.

Second, is there any way to change the reply-to setup on pgsql-announce?   
Currently anyone sending an announcement has to suffer through an average 
of 25-30 bounce messages.  I don't think we're going to fix the bounces 
(there's 15,000 subscribers after all) but we could substitute a reply-to 
which would discard any replies.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 01:02:44 -0400 (AST)

re: postings to pgsql-announce ... as I've told others, if you post 
something, send me an email directly to let me know and I can login right 
there and then to process it through ...

re: reply-to ... sure, but it won't fix your bounce issue, since things 
like postmaster and mailer-daemon don't honor reply-to's, as far as I know 
... or do they?

regardless if they do or not, teh reply to needs to be set to something 
legit, so where would you have it set to?  pgsql-general?

> which would discard any replies.

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:12:41 -0800

Marc,

> something, send me an email directly to let me know and I can login 
> right there and then to process it through ...

Why not assign a co-moderator from the WWW team?   Majordomo supports 
having secondary moderators.

--Josh