Subject: Re: PgFoundry Move

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:26:12 +0100

<snip the parts that I won't comment on at this time, which are the
actual points of your mail I guess :P>
 
> We did recently have a scheduled outage of 4.5 hours but that 
> was from midnight to 4:30 while we upgraded some power facilities.

You do realise that's the middle of the working day, right? :P

I'm not saying that it's bad, it's definitly not. I'm just saying that
"middle of the night" really doesn't exist in this kind of operations.
Something that should always be considered.

//Magnus

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:33:02 -0800

> Something that should always be considered.

The real point is that it was scheduled ;)

Joshua D. Drake

-- 
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Guido Barosio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:41:34 +0000

Actually, I would like to put my hands for help.

I do work as a sysadmin for lastminute.com and mainly as the pgsql dba in
the house, leading battles against informix, sql server, and oracle ones. (a
team of 6)

I've been reading this mailing lists (admin/www/novice/hackers/others) for a
while  (> 1 year now, for sure). I've made myself reading books, I'd never
went to a proper college and I play with linux since 1997. I've also worked
for the third ISP in my country for 4 years, as a perl programer.

I am from Argentina, but I live in the Uk. I do work on-call the whole year
for lastminute.com, but I can also give a couple of hours per day for this
project.

PostgreSQL gave me a job, why in hell I shouldn't help the ones who actually
done this? I am not a *nix king, but a whitehat and fast growing boy.

Let me know your thoughts, mines are to help and grow.

(28 years old, single, etc,etc,etc,etc. Beer, pizza, marlboro)

Best regards,
Guido.

On 1/16/06, Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 4: Have you searched our list archives?
>
>               http://archives.postgresql.org
>

--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  .
X  - NO Word docs in e-mail .
/ \ -----------------------------------------------------------------