Subject: Re: human validation on post comments

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:49:07 +0100

> Pardon if this has already been brought up as I am late to 
> the thread, but why can't we just use a "unseen by default" 
> policy in which all posts are not made viewable until 
> approved by a moderator?

We already do this, and have done for a while (before that they used to
be show-by-default, but can be rejected, which missed a lot). This is
AFAIK about making life for the moderators easie r:-)

//Magnus

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:43:53 -0500

> AFAIK about making life for the moderators easie r:-)

Honestly I don't find the amount of spam as annoying as the amount of 
pointless posts and/or support questions...  but if you really want such a 
system, why not have one that switches randomly between captcha, math 
problems, and anagrams and also verifies the referer url.  This wouldn't be 
foolproof, but the point here is only to make it more of a hassle than the 
next guys site. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL