Subject: Re: Gborg still down

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 20:29:38 +0200

> >> The websites that CMD hosts, are monitored. I have no idea 
> about the 
> >> rest.
> > 
> > Dave has a central nagios server setup, last I heard, for 
> monitoring 
> > everything ...
> 
> Well all due respect, but as hub "Hosts the project" Why 
> doesn't Hub have monitoring for everything.

Because it makes more sense monitoring internet services from *outside*
the hosting network? ;-)

(The main reason we stuck the automirror system on a network where
*nothing* else pgsql related lives..)

//Magnus

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:04:46 -0700

> Because it makes more sense monitoring internet services from *outside*

Well of course :) That's what we do. We have a server that sits 
somewhere else entirely that does our nagios.

My main point was it seems that this is something hub should be invovled 
in sense a lot of the core servers are hosted by hub.

Joshua D. Drake

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
> 

-- 

            === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
      Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
      Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
                     http://www.commandprompt.com/