Subject: Security announcement

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:10:45 -0700

Hello,

It seems we are not delivering enough coverage to our latest release.
We only have a small link on the right hand side of the main website.

IMHO this should be the first thing people see on the website, not a 8 
month old announcement about the release of 8.1.

Can we get it updated? As it stands now, I don't think most people will 
even see it (at least not from www). Keep in mind that most people read 
left to right and that little link on the right is as far right as we get.

Joshua D. Drake

-- 

    === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
              http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:10:57 -0400

> left to right and that little link on the right is as far right as we get.

Can folks take a look at http://xzilla.postgresql.org/ and give a show of 
hands as to if we want to make this change?   TIA. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:22:15 -0700

Robert,

> Can folks take a look at http://xzilla.postgresql.org/ and give a show
> of hands as to if we want to make this change?   TIA.

Pretty good.  Can you lower the point size of the links?   On Konq, they 
are wrapping and throwing off the page alignment.

Also .. the image is cute, but it's not sized right, and do we have the 
legal right to use it?

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:25:05 -0700

That graphic doesnt do it for me.  Sorry!

Gavin

On May 25, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Robert Treat wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of  
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>        subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that  
> your
>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:35:13 -0700

> That graphic doesnt do it for me.  Sorry!

I loved it! Although I don't think it is accurate :) It should be an 
elephant standing tall with bandages cause he is fixed.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>> --Robert Treat
>> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>>        subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that your

--

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:48:51 +0300

Hi,

> of hands as to if we want to make this change?   TIA.  

It has been 48 hours after the security announcement, and we are still
discussing about the image, size, fonts, etc.

Guys, it is *late*. We should have done it 2 days before.

-- 
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:13:11 -0400

> Guys, it is *late*. We should have done it 2 days before.

The graphic was more of a joke, but Joshua's point still stands that as of now 
we have no mention of the new release on the main page outside of the "latest 
releases" piece.  If that is ok with everyone we can leave things as is.

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:37:29 -0700

Robert,

> The graphic was more of a joke, but Joshua's point still stands that as
> of now we have no mention of the new release on the main page outside of
> the "latest releases" piece.  If that is ok with everyone we can leave
> things as is.

I think Josh is right about the text.   How about just changing the text 
and we can argue about the graphic later?

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco