Subject: Going away

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:11:59 +0100

Just a heads up - I'm spending some time in Paris from Sunday to
Thursday next week and probably won't be reading email or carrying my
cellphone over that period.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:33:57 -0700

> cellphone over that period.

Glad to hear someone can turn off their cell phone :)

> 
> Regards, Dave.
> 
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 4: Have you searched our list archives?
> 
>                http://archives.postgresql.org
> 

-- 

    === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
              http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Chris Browne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 15:42:46 -0400

> Glad to hear someone can turn off their cell phone :)

Turning on and accepting calls on an American Cell Phone In Paris
could easily be the sort of thing only practical for those of massive
wealth that can afford to pay zillions of dollars per minute.

I've heard horror stories of roaming charges in Europe being on the
order of tens of dollars per minute.  A quick conversation could cost
you your ticket back...

[For this reason, people sometimes bring GSM phones, and buy SIM cards
in Europe that operate at less lordly pricing...]
-- 
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/multiplexor.html
"On the Internet, no one knows you're using Windows NT"
-- Ramiro Estrugo, [email-masked]