Subject: Re: About hosting the pgsqlbr site

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:05:46 -0700

Diogo,

> we're having some dificulties here with our hosting. I was wondering if
> would be possible to allocate a vserver in hub.org for the brasilian
> project. We can find some sponsors here too, but I'm used to the
> hub.orgservers (my company hosts there), and I trust them.
> Who can I talk to about this subject?

You talk to the WWW mailing list.  I can't imagine this would be a 
problem.  Marc?

--Josh

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:48:46 -0300 (ADT)

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> You talk to the WWW mailing list.  I can't imagine this would be a problem. 
> Marc?

Sorry ... one thought would be to just add them to the existing 
pugs.postgresql.org vServer, but if that doesn't work, I can easily add 
another vServer now that we're finally able to move to FreeBSD 6.x ...

I'm not sure what is going on with the pugs.postgresql.org vServer now, 
nor am I quite sure who is/has been managing it ... Josh, do you know?

I'm flexible either way ... if you'd prefer a seperate vServer, just let 
me know the hostname for it, and I'll get it up tonight ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:12:41 -0700

Marc,

> nor am I quite sure who is/has been managing it ... Josh, do you know?

Fred.   It might be a good idea for me  & some other WWW people to have 
admin on that box, though, since Fred is often hard to reach.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Diogo Biazus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:30:08 -0300

Alright, don't need to rush, we were just probing.
I received an email right now that might solve our problems here. We're
still discussing what to do about the hosting.
But is good to know that we have your support in this issue.
When I have a definitive position I'll contact you again.

Cheers and thanks for the help,

-- 
Diogo Biazus - [email-masked]
Móvel Consultoria
http://www.movelinfo.com.br
http://www.postgresql.org.br

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:38:36 -0300 (ADT)

'k, Fred should have all of the information for connecting ... I'd have to 
reset passwords, and thereby lockout Fred, to give it to you :)  If you 
can't get ahold of Fred for it though, please let me konw ...

... actually, if you want to just send me your ssh public key, I can put 
it onto the account so that you don't need a password to connect ...

----