Subject: Non-solicitation language for Users page

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:46:55 -0700

Folks,

Based on a problem we encountered earlier, I'd like to add the following 
paragraph to http://www.postgresql.org/about/users

"These users are here as a demonstration of their confidence in using 
PostgreSQL.  This is not a solictation list or directory.  Do not contact 
these companies with commercial offers or requests for interviews (contact 
[email-masked] instead)."

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:17:00 -0700

> [email-masked] instead)."

Good idea, but will it matter?

Joshua D. Drake

-- 

             === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
       Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
       Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
                      http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:17:30 -0700

Josh,

> > PostgreSQL.  This is not a solictation list or directory.  Do not
> > contact these companies with commercial offers or requests for
> > interviews (contact [email-masked] instead)."
>

The main purpose is to show the Featured Users themselves that, if they do 
get solicited (which happened this week) that we don't endorse such 
activity.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco