Subject: Please replace foundations. server ...

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:46:39 -0700

Marc,

Can we have another pointer to what used to be foundation.postgresql.org?  
Given that we are a multi-foundation group, I think the new URL should be 
spi.postgresql.org.   The FG needs a place to take votes and exchange 
documents.  Thanks!

Server should be the same as conference.postgresql.org.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:51:41 -0300 (ADT)

> spi.postgresql.org.   The FG needs a place to take votes and exchange

'k, just to confirm: remove foundation.postgreql.org, add 
spi.postgresql.org and point that to conference.postgresql.org?

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 20:13:24 -0700

Point it to 65.19.161.16 (same IP as conference.)

Thanks!

On Aug 7, 2006, at 7:51 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of  
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>       subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that  
> your
>       message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:20:57 -0700

> spi.postgresql.org and point that to conference.postgresql.org?

I am not going to raise a fuss, but I would really prefer either 
foundation. or fundsgroup.

spi is kind of incorrect although I can see the reason for the choice.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>       subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that your

-- 

    === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
              http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 07:44:15 -0400

On Monday 07 August 2006 23:20, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >> Can we have another pointer to what used to be
> >> foundation.postgresql.org? Given that we are a multi-foundation group, I
> >> think the new URL should be spi.postgresql.org.   The FG needs a place
> >> to take votes and exchange documents.  Thanks!
> >

You're apparently more optimistic about the current proposed voting structure 
than I am ;-)

> spi is kind of incorrect although I can see the reason for the choice.

I have this vaugue recollection from the pg summit that we we're going to add 
a top level menu item into the postgresql.org website for "foundation" with 
information about the various foundations and sponsors / donors; and 
foundation.postgresql.org was going to point to that.  Is that getting tossed 
out the window?

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter LAMP :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 04:59:08 -0700

> foundation.postgresql.org was going to point to that.  Is that getting tossed 

I think that /foundation should be a flat representation of who and what 
the funds group is.

Where foundation. , or funds. should be a place where we can collaborate.

I do not like spi.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:37:04 -0700

Josh,

> Where foundation. , or funds. should be a place where we can

Well, foundation. is out because SPI is not the only foundation for 
PostgreSQL.   funds. sounds less official, I could go with that, but I 
don't see what's wrong with spi. 

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:47:19 -0700

> don't see what's wrong with spi. 

It just feels weird :) spi.postgresql.org says to me oh this is the spi 
website on postgresql. And if foundation is out, spi would be out too 
because its not the only foundation.

funds is definitely less official and I am open to any ideas. And I am 
not trying to raise a fuss :) if that is all we have it is all we have.

What about fundsgroup or even fundraising.

?

Joshua D. Drake

--

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 22:03:47 -0000

Yeah, spi won't work. Funds sounds a little odd. Not sure why
foundation cannot work - if we have more than one foundation,
list them all under that subdomain. Most other projects seem
to be using foundation.project.org or project.org/foundation.
Some have donate.project.org and project.org/donations.

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200608091755
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:11:16 -0700

Greg,

> Some have donate.project.org and project.org/donations.

This is for a different purpose.  This is specificially a URL for the 
Framewerk instance which the Funds Group (SPI) uses for collaboration.   
It's not for general donation information, which I presume would go under 
www.postgresql.org/about/donate.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:42:15 -0700

> www.postgresql.org/about/donate.

Lets just do fundraising.postgresql.org

That is what we are, the Fundraising Group right?

At least to me, SPI is just syntactical sugar to allow us to operate. I 
think we should keep the domain relevant to the group itself.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:47:25 -0700

Josh,

> Lets just do fundraising.postgresql.org

I'm good with that.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:44:18 -0400

> > Lets just do fundraising.postgresql.org

Why don't we just stick with thepostgresqlfoundation.org (or whatever it 
is/was) for the collaboration site?   Especially if the PR / Enquiring minds 
will all be pointed to postgresql.org/foundation anyway...