Subject: Re: PostgreSQL web site

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:03:33 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
To: "Oleg Bartunov" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>; "Naz Gassiep" <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Sent: 28/08/06 20:19
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] PostgreSQL web site

> a pain in the arse for little benefit.

Wow,  never seen a left-pondian spell it that way - are you secretly a Brit or Aussie?

/D

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:46:19 -0700

> Wow,  never seen a left-pondian spell it that way - are you secretly a Brit or Aussie?

Heh no I am pure American, which means I am everything and nothing. I 
use that spelling when I want to swear without swearing. Similar to the 
use of "bloody".

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> 
> /D
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
> 

-- 

    === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
              http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Naz Gassiep <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 05:01:59 +1000

> use that spelling when I want to swear without swearing. Similar to 
> the use of "bloody".
>
It's actually supposed to be the other way around hehe. "Ass" is the old 
English word for donkey, while "arse" is the reference to one's 
buttocks. So describing someone as an "ass" could really be argued to be 
quite proper even in heated conversation, as it could be a reference to 
their stubborn nature or unwillingness to compromise, while calling 
another an "arse" is an unambiguous derogatory linking between them and 
a posterior.