Subject: Wiki/Trac

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:54:52 -0700

Hello,

I finally got around to getting the wiki setup for slaves_www. I figure 
this could also easily be used for dev or any other purpose.

It is also a trac wiki and is associated with an svnn repo that the 
slaves have access to.

Currently it is at: community0.commandprompt.com/

As soon as *anyone* comes up with a  postgresql.org name for it, I can 
move it :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

-- 

    === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
              http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:08:11 -0300 (ADT)

We already have a wiki up and running ... is there a reason why this isn't 
being used for slaves_www?

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I finally got around to getting the wiki setup for slaves_www. I figure this 
> could also easily be used for dev or any other purpose.
>
> It is also a trac wiki and is associated with an svnn repo that the slaves 
> have access to.
>
> As soon as *anyone* comes up with a  postgresql.org name for it, I can move 
> it :)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>
> -- 
>
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 20:28:41 -0700

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> 
> We already have a wiki up and running ... is there a reason why this 
> isn't being used for slaves_www?

1. It was requested *before* everything you setup
2. This is for internal docs for infrastructure etc..

Also Dave has requestions pmt.postgresql.org for this wiki.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>> I finally got around to getting the wiki setup for slaves_www. I 
>> figure this could also easily be used for dev or any other purpose.
>>

--

---

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:25:33 +0200

> 1. It was requested *before* everything you setup 2. This is for
> internal docs for infrastructure etc..
> 

To clearify, the difference is that the wiki Marc set up (and Dave moved
into the correct place) was for *developers*, which is still a fairly
widespread thing. AFAIK, it would also be open for everybody to read,
but you need to register to write.

The Trac site Josh set up is for the people who maintain the server
infrastructure. This will be closed for *both* reading and writing as it
contains sensitive recovery information. It will also contain a svn
repository for server configuration files etc, that we don't necessarily
want public access to.

//Magnus