Subject: Still waiting on pmt.postgresql.org

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:17:36 -0700

Hello,

Status on this domain please?

Joshua D. Drake

-- 

    === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
              http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:37:53 -0300 (ADT)

Will do it right now, IP to point it at?

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 4: Have you searched our list archives?
>
>              http://archives.postgresql.org
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:47:35 -0700

> Will do it right now, IP to point it at?

207.173.203.163

--

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 00:08:12 -0300 (ADT)

Done:

# nslookup pmt.postgresql.org ns.uunet.ca
Server:  ns.uunet.ca
Address:  142.77.1.1

Name:    pmt.postgresql.org
Address:  207.173.203.163

----

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:10:19 -0700

> # nslookup pmt.postgresql.org ns.uunet.ca

Confirmed and running.

Joshua D. Drake

> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
> 
>               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
> 

--

---

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 14:46:17 +0200

> > # nslookup pmt.postgresql.org ns.uunet.ca

Couple of questions:
1) appears to be open to the public?
2) how do I get an account :-P (if it's the smae one as we did some
experimentation with long ago, I don't think I ever got that one
working..)

//Magnus

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:09:43 -0700

> 1) appears to be open to the public?

Currently yes. I can close it if you like.

> experimentation with long ago, I don't think I ever got that one

Gavin  :).

Joshua D. Drake

--

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:32:13 -0700

Configuring and getting this bad boy working is on my todo list today  
after the funds related stuff.  Do we want to htaccess it from the  
get-go, requiring a login to get on the trac?  I'll install trac- 
admin which will give a basic ability to admin it to everyone who  
should have access.  I'm thinking of upgrading it to the .10 beta  
release.   Do we want custom fields for the tickets?  At the very  
least we should probably add a URL field for reporting specific issues.

Gavin

On Sep 16, 2006, at 7:09 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
>       choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
>       match

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:35:12 -0700

Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> get-go, requiring a login to get on the trac? 

Well keep in mind that even if we only have the htaccess on /login (as 
it is now) you can just remove anonymous access * and although it is a 
public site, no one will see anything.

  I'll install trac-admin
> which will give a basic ability to admin it to everyone who should have 
> access.  I'm thinking of upgrading it to the .10 beta release.   Do we 
> want custom fields for the tickets?

Trac is installed via packages. I would prefer to wait until .10 is stable.

>  At the very least we should 
> probably add a URL field for reporting specific issues.
> 

Sure :)

Joshua D. Drake

--

---

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:17:07 +0200

> Configuring and getting this bad boy working is on my todo 
> list today after the funds related stuff.  Do we want to 
> htaccess it from the get-go, requiring a login to get on the 
> trac? 

Yes. Since we intend to put internal documentation on it.

> I'll install trac- admin which will give a basic 
> ability to admin it to everyone who should have access.  I'm 
> thinking of upgrading it to the .10 beta  

Remember that (at least for now) it's only intended for internal stuff.
If this is something that can easily be added later, let's just get the
stock version up and we can take it from there - we'll know more once
we've been using it for a while.

//Magnus