Subject: How to gain R/W access to developers wiki?

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:58:52 +0300

I want to collect all XML todo issues (from my list, from Peter's and
those Tom just described in "Loose ends in PG XML patch") in one
place, to make the overall picture clear for everyone.
How can I gain access to developers wiki? (Actually, I've created the
page"XML Todo" - http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/XML_Todo,
but it's locked for editing).

-- 
Best regards,
Nikolay

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:02:24 +0100

> but it's locked for editing).
Not really knowing the internals of how the wiki is set up, I believe
you just have to create an account and sign in with it to get write access.

(Actually, I don't think you've created the page, I think you're just
seeing the default placeholder page for something that's not created.
But again, I don't really know the wiki so I'm not 100% on that)

//Magnus

---

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:03:26 +0300

Surely, I've created one (nickname: Nikolay) and are trying to do
things being logged in :-)

-- 
Best regards,
Nikolay

---

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:45:48 +0300

So, can anybody help me?..

-- 
Best regards,
Nikolay

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:06:41 -0800

> So, can anybody help me?..

Moving to pgsql-www:

Just create an account:

http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=XML_Todo

-- 

      === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

---

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:12:55 +0300

As I already said, I try to edit pages being logged in (as Nikolay).

Now I've repeated the procedure:

1. I've created new account - "samokhvalov".
2. I've confirm this account using URL that was mailed to me.
3. Ensured that I am logged in (see my nickname and the button "log
out" in the right upper corner).
4. Go to "XML Todo" page, click "edit" and see:

"This page has been locked to prevent editing.

You can view and copy the source of this page"

(actually, the same thing for any page)

-- 
Best regards,
Nikolay

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:36:19 -0800

> (actually, the same thing for any page)

Lukas, what is the deal here? How do we insure we get the Wiki way
going?

Joshua D. Drake

--

---

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:47:02 +0100

> Lukas, what is the deal here? How do we insure we get the Wiki way

Uhm, no idea whats going on there. I do not have any special privileges 
on that wiki. When I added the 8.3 wishlist all I did was edit the 
unofficial todo list to add a wiki link and then I added my content. Not 
sure why this does not seem to work for others ..

I do not even know for sure who runs the wiki. I think its Dave: 
[email-masked]

regards,
Lukas

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:53:04 -0000

> Surely, I've created one (nickname: Nikolay) and are
> trying to do things being logged in :-)

You should be able to edit now with the "Nikolay" account.
If anyone else is having problems, please send me an email.
I'll work on documenting this better when I return, but for
those with psql access, just add the user in question to the
user_groups table with "pgdev" acceess.

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200612241648
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 08:45:58 +0000

> I do not even know for sure who runs the wiki. I think its Dave: 

Nope, it's Greg: [email-masked]

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:38:35 +0100

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> 

Alot of people are having trouble editing pages on the wiki. They keep 
coming to me too :)

There seems to be something foobar with the permissions that are being 
set when users create new accounts ..?

Greg: could you have a look into this?

regards,
Lukas