Subject: Searching some sites explaing about PosgtreSQL source codes

From: re-plore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:54:27 +0900

Hi, I am now reading PostgreSQL source codes, but i am not familiar to this
codes.

So i am now seraching some sites which explaing about PostgreSQL source
codes, or it's structure.
If you know a good site explaing PostgreSQL's source  codes.
Please teach me.

Thanks a lot of your conservation!

---

From: "Luis D. García" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:49:45 -0400

Hi, I'm working with Postgres Source Code too, and there's a site that could
be helpfull
for you as it has been for me.

The site is:
http://www.mcknight.de/pgsql-doxygen/cvshead/html/

Greetings...

2007/1/24, re-plore <[email-masked]>:
>
> Hi, I am now reading PostgreSQL source codes, but i am not familiar to
> this codes.
>

-- 
Luis D. García M.

Telf: (+58) 2418662663
Cel.: (+58) 4143482018

- FACYT - UC -
- Computación -

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:39:36 -0500 (EST)

Can we add a link to the doxygen web site from our site:

	http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding

link to:

It seems like a useful resource.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Luis_D._Garc=EDa?= wrote:
> Luis D. Garc?a M.
> - Computaci?n -

-- 
  Bruce Momjian   [email-masked]
  EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:41:56 +0100

IIRC, it was supposed to be added to a postgresql.org server sometime
almost a year ago.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-04/msg00077.php

Anybody know why that didn't happen? If doable, methinks that'd probably
be nicer. Could we just copy config/layout over? Joachim, thoughts?

//Magnus

---

From: Joachim Wieland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:32:12 +0100

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-04/msg00077.php

Right. Note that the directory is called "cvshead" but I haven't updated it
ever since, so actually it shows the contents of the files as they have been
at that time.

> be nicer. Could we just copy config/layout over? Joachim, thoughts?

Sure, IIRC you just need a script to generate the files once in a while from
a cvs checkout and everything else is static. There's a search function that
requires php (keywords are in a file), anything else is just static .html.

The generation process however needs quite some time. So maybe you want to
generate it somewhere else and then copy over the generated files.

See here for more details on how much diskspace is required:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-01/msg00513.php

Joachim

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:49:00 -0400

- --On Saturday, January 27, 2007 13:41:56 +0100 Magnus Hagander 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Anybody know why that didn't happen?

My fault, got so busy around that time that it fell off my radar :(

> If doable, methinks that'd probably

Definitely ... let me know and I'll get it up there ...

>> It seems like a useful resource.

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:50:53 -0400

> requires php (keywords are in a file), anything else is just static .html.

Can you (re-?)send me the script that I'd need to run?  I can get the software 
installed, and cron enabled ...

- ----

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:40:55 +0100

> Definitely ... let me know and I'll get it up there ...

I'm working with Joachim offlist to get this setup on Tribble.

//Magnus

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:33:53 +0000

> I'm working with Joachim offlist to get this setup on Tribble.

Not *on* tribble please - on a VM on tribble.

/D

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:35:11 +0100

> Not *on* tribble please - on a VM on tribble.

Wlel, yeah, that's what I meant. Don't know yet if we can just stick it
on the one that's there now (that I can't remember the name of) or if we
need a new one. 

//Magnus